Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Josias Thoeny <jo...@wyona.com> on 2005/12/01 08:56:29 UTC

Re: new committer: Josias Thoeny

On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 12:24 +0100, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache Lenya
> has asked Josias Thoeny to become a new committer. Josias has accepted.
>
> Being a committer enables him to more easily make changes
> and so not need to go via the patch submission process.
> This should enable him to be more productive.
>
> Josias has assisted with development of the 1.4 branch, the lenya sitree
> script and sending bug fixes on a regular base.
>
> Welcome.

Thanks. I guess new committers are encouraged to introduce themselves,
so here we go...
I'm currently 27 years old and live in Uster, a small town close to
Zürich, Switzerland. I've studied computer science at ETHZ (Swiss
Federal Institute of Technology Zurich), where I graduated in summer
2004. During my university time, I spent one year in Brazil where I was
working as a trainee with document management systems and got in touch
with Apache technology (mostly FOP) for the first time.
After graduation I got a job at Wyona, where I've been working since
then.
I'm happy to be part of the Lenya community, so thanks again for
accepting me as a committer.

Josias