Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> on 2007/05/15 14:13:22 UTC

Locator bugs

Well, I've been fixing the locator class, and adding new tests (not yet
committed)

I've  fix all outstanding defects but can show a problem in which a path
with forward slashes in it gets two leading slashes cut off:

     public void testTripleForwardSlashNetworkURI() throws Exception {
         resolveTo("file:///PC03/jclasses/lib/ant-1.7.0.jar",
"///PC03/jclasses/lib/ant-1.7.0.jar");
     }

the error is:
junit.framework.ComparisonFailure: Expected
file:///PC03/jclasses/lib/ant-1.7.0.jar to resolve to
///PC03/jclasses/lib/ant-1.7.0.jar
but got
/PC03/jclasses/lib/ant-1.7.0.jar

now, we get the same behaviour whether i use the Java URI class, or we
do it by hand using the java1.3 only code. We are at least consistent,
just wrong.

what to do?

(a) leave as is
(b) switch to our own code, change behaviour to retain the forward slashes?

Re: Locator bugs

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
"Alia B." <a....@gmail.com> writes:

> I was trying to run ant (v1.7) via jsp but i'm getting
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tools/ant/launch/Locator
> it works ok via java but not jsp, is this a configration problem or this is
> a bug?

The bug talked about in this thread is not related to your problem.

You seem to be missing ant-launcher.jar in your CLASSPATH when you
invoke Ant via the JSP.

Stefan

Re: Locator bugs

Posted by "Alia B." <a....@gmail.com>.
Hi all,
I was trying to run ant (v1.7) via jsp but i'm getting
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tools/ant/launch/Locator
it works ok via java but not jsp, is this a configration problem or this is
a bug?

Regards,

Re: Locator bugs

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Re: Locator bugs

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Kevin Jackson wrote:
> Hi,
>> what to do?
>>
>> (a) leave as is
>> (b) switch to our own code, change behaviour to retain the forward
>> slashes?
>
> If we change to our own code will we 'break' anything that was
> expecting the old behaviour?  I doubt it, but just in case, we should
> be careful not to break old builds

I dont see anything needing the old behaviour, as I dont see (right
now), how broken back  slashes would get down to the locator. Even on
windows, by the time locator gets called, we've had things processed
into forward slashes (hence the file://server/share bug in the URI class
surfacing)

Re: Locator bugs

Posted by Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
> what to do?
>
> (a) leave as is
> (b) switch to our own code, change behaviour to retain the forward slashes?

If we change to our own code will we 'break' anything that was
expecting the old behaviour?  I doubt it, but just in case, we should
be careful not to break old builds

Kev