Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Brad O'Hearne <br...@neurofire.com> on 2006/02/24 18:19:04 UTC

After adding mod_jk, tomcat won't shutdown cleanly

Ok, it appears I may have mod_jk running properly. However, now when I
try to shutdown tomcat, I get the following:

Using CATALINA_BASE:   /opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.12
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.12
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.12/temp
Using JRE_HOME:       /usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_10
Created MBeanServer with ID: 1f436f5:1099d0fba63:-8000:cvs.cvs:1

But it never returns. It just sits there, indefinitely. The java process
never quits, and is still hung out there. My erver.xml is below. Is
there a known problem with shutdowns after adding mod_jk? Any workarounds?

Brad:

server.xml:

<Server port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">

    <!-- Comment these entries out to disable JMX MBeans support used
    for the administration web application -->
    <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener" />
    <Listener
className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener" />
    <Listener
className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleList
ener" />
    <Listener
className="org.apache.catalina.storeconfig.StoreConfigLifecycleLis
tener"/>

    <!-- Global JNDI resources -->
    <GlobalNamingResources>

        <!-- Test entry for demonstration purposes -->
        <Environment name="simpleValue" type="java.lang.Integer"
value="30"/>

        <!-- Editable user database that can also be used by
        UserDatabaseRealm to authenticate users -->
            type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"
            pathname="conf/tomcat-users.xml" />

    </GlobalNamingResources>

    <Service name="Tomcat-Apache">
        <Connector address="127.0.0.1"
                port="8009"
                enableLookups="false"
                protocol="AJP/1.3" />

        <Engine name="engine_appserver"
                defaultHost="cvs.mydomain.lcl">

                <Host name="cvs.adeq.lcl"
                        appBase="/srv/tomcat/webapps/cvs.mydomain.lcl/docs"
                        autoDeploy="true"
                        deployOnStartup="true"
                        unpackWARs="true"
                        deployXML="false" />
        </Engine>
    </Service>
</Server>

default Tomcat 5.5 won't shutdown cleanly (Was: After adding mod_jk, tomcat won't shutdown cleanly)

Posted by Brad O'Hearne <br...@neurofire.com>.
I guess I have to alter my original assertion. Vanilla tomcat 5.5 isn't
shutting down cleanly (default server.xml). Are there known causes for
this? Anything in particular that I need to check?

Brad