Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Aleksandr Sidorenko <as...@espeo.com> on 2011/11/22 22:09:17 UTC

"400 Bad Request" on commit (mod_dav_svn)

Hi everyone,

Since upgrading the svn client to 1.7.1 (following the server's upgrade to the same version), we are getting the following error when doing a commit:

    svn: E175002: Commit failed (details follow):
    svn: E175002: Server sent unexpected return value (400 Bad Request) in response to POST request for '/xxxxxxx/!svn/me'

This happens on a freshly-checked out working copy. We are using Apache as a front-end (mod_dav_svn). A commit done via the file system is successful.

Any ideas on what's going on?

Aleksandr Sidorenko
Administrateur systèmes/réseaux • System/Network Administrator

Espeo Inc.
2000, ave McGill College, bureau 230
Montréal, Québec (H3A 3H3)
www.espeo.com

asidorenko@espeo.com
514-905-1268 #234

Re: "400 Bad Request" on commit (mod_dav_svn)

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@wandisco.com>.
Aleksandr Sidorenko <as...@cashontime.com> writes:

>> What is in the apache error log?
>
> There was nothing in the error log. The access log showed the 400 response.

Perhaps you need to adjust the logging level?  Subversion generates
several different HTTP_BAD_REQUEST errors and the error log should
identify it.

--
Philip

Re: "400 Bad Request" on commit (mod_dav_svn)

Posted by Aleksandr Sidorenko <as...@cashontime.com>.

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@wandisco.com>.

Posted by Aleksandr Sidorenko <as...@espeo.com>.
On 2011-11-22, at 16:09 , Aleksandr Sidorenko wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Since upgrading the svn client to 1.7.1 (following the server's upgrade to the same version), we are getting the following error when doing a commit:
>
>    svn: E175002: Commit failed (details follow):
>    svn: E175002: Server sent unexpected return value (400 Bad Request) in response to POST request for '/xxxxxxx/!svn/me'
>
> This happens on a freshly-checked out working copy. We are using Apache as a front-end (mod_dav_svn). A commit done via the file system is successful.
>
> Any ideas on what's going on?

Reading from another thread ([BUG/REGRESSION] mod_dav_svn service stopped working…), adding the following line to the <Location> directive does seem to fix the problem:

    SVNAdvertiseV2Protocol off

Does anyone know if this breaks/affects anything else?