Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl> on 2018/06/19 21:00:50 UTC

Working with a 'PendingReleaseNotes' file

Hi,

At the Ceph project we work with a Pending Release Notes [0].

The idea is that if a developer writes a new feature or fixes something
that changes functionality (or adds one) she/he also updates the
PendingReleaseNotes file.

That way when a new version is released it's easier for the Release
Manager to know what to highlight.

Although we can try to get everything from Jira and Github Issues it
might be difficult to use the proper wording.

On every release the files is cleared and people start to add again.

Would this be something which could benefit CloudStack and make the
release notes easier and more complete?

Wido

[0]: https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/master/PendingReleaseNotes

Re: Working with a 'PendingReleaseNotes' file

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

On 06/22/2018 07:52 AM, Rohit Yadav wrote:
> Looks like a good idea, +1.

I've opened a PR for this: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/2723

If we want to go through with this we should merge the PR and then
update the Github template for a PR as well to make this a new checkbox.

Other places of documentation which we need to update?

Wido

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Looks like a good idea, +1.

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Daan

Re: Working with a 'PendingReleaseNotes' file

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

Posted by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com>.