Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com> on 2020/11/09 12:33:13 UTC

Removing Code QL security analysis CI jobs out of PRs

Hello everyone,

I have not seen a single time any security Analysis job Code QL would
produce any valuable output. I've seen it failing for no reason a few times
though. And the Python analysis takes 20 minutes of build-job time. And it
adds some complexity into cancelling duplicate jobs.

We've done some optimizations recently, and following that - I have a
feeling that only running this Analysis job in the master is a better
approach.

There is very little chance we will miss any warning there (we are basing
part of our workflow on the fact that master build is green (for example to
push a new version of master prod images) and we will likely get more of
it.

How about doing exactly this  - only running the Code QL in
master/v1-10-test ?

J.

--

Jarek Potiuk

M: +48 660 796 129 <+48660796129>

Re: Removing Code QL security analysis CI jobs out of PRs

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>.
Lazy consensus reached. Removing from PRs.

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>.

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.