Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Murthy Kakarlamudi <ks...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/18 16:52:21 UTC

Using Ignite

Hi,
   We have a scenario where in we have a c++ application that pumps out
data ticks multiple times in a second. These data ticks needs to be
displayed in the web front end. We need some middleware platform to hold
those events temporarily before being consumed by web-front end. Can Ignite
work as a viable middleware option in this scenario? In future we are
expecting that there will be multiple consumers for these data ticks. Can
Ignite Messaging be used in this scenario?

Thanks,
Satya.

Re: Using Ignite

Posted by Murthy Kakarlamudi <ks...@gmail.com>.
Hi Denis,
     That kind of querying will be extremely helpful if it is supported.
Because in our use case, events sitting in the cache need to be queried
based on time as the criteria before it can be published to the clients.
Looks like the sliding window feature fits perfectly for this. Thanks for
sharing.

Re: Using Ignite

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.
Hi Murthy,

Re: Using Ignite

Posted by Murthy Kakarlamudi <ks...@gmail.com>.

Re: Using Ignite

Posted by Jörn Franke <jo...@gmail.com>.
You seem to look for streaming solutions , such as Spark Streaming or Flink Streaming or Storm

> On 18 Jan 2016, at 17:19, Dood@ODDO <od...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Kafka may suit your needs as a "queue" with producer/consumer and persistence capabilities also.
>
>> On 1/18/2016 9:52 AM, Murthy Kakarlamudi wrote:
>> Hi,
>>   We have a scenario where in we have a c++ application that pumps out data ticks multiple times in a second. These data ticks needs to be displayed in the web front end. We need some middleware platform to hold those events temporarily before being consumed by web-front end. Can Ignite work as a viable middleware option in this scenario? In future we are expecting that there will be multiple consumers for these data ticks. Can Ignite Messaging be used in this scenario?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Satya.

Re: Using Ignite

Posted by Do...@ODDO, od...@gmail.com.