Posted to muse-dev@ws.apache.org by "Kumar, Pankaj" <pa...@hp.com> on 2004/12/07 19:20:26 UTC

More Questions and Observations (was RE: Working with Muse ...)

Tutorials
> and the project tree, I had the checked-out project source tree in
mind.
> Now that I have been able to create the distribution zipballs and have
> unzipped them, the resulting tree doesn't appear to be so different
than
> what is there in the tutorials (but, I haven't gone through the steps.
> Will keep the mailing list posted).

Hmm... The directory created from the generated zipballs are not very
different from the SVN checked-out one (the notable difference being
presence of webapps and all the jars there). In fact, it even has the
same BUILD.txt, project.xml and maven.xml (makes me think of a
non-terminating recursion: build -> extract -> build).

The tutorial talks of ant targets but I don't see any ant build.xml.
Also, I would actually prefer a tutorial that talks about using the
WsdmWsdl2Java tool directly (may be through a shell script ) than
accessing it indirectly through Ant targets -- just to get a better
understanding of what happens under the hood.

Thanks,
Pankaj Kumar.