Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by David Mehler <da...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/07 06:36:34 UTC

[users@httpd] apache, git, and gitweb

Hello,

Does anyone have an apache 2.4 with git/gitweb setup going? I'm
wondering if it is possible to have I guess it would be like a double
url:

https://git.domain.com/git/repos/myrepo.git

and that /git is an apache ScriptAlias for git-httpd-backend (can I
still have this functionality but drop the /git from the url?)

So I can clone and push changes, both operations require authentication.

What i'd like to do now is add gitweb in to this, making it also viewable on

https://git.domain.com

also requiring authentication.

Thanks.
Dave.

Re: [users@httpd] apache, git, and gitweb

Posted by David Mehler <da...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I got it going.

Here's my apache configuration:

# The git.domain.com http virtual host
<VirtualHost *:80>
DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/git/repos
ServerName git.domain.com
ServerAdmin webmaster@domain.com
ErrorLog /var/log/git-httpd-error.log
CustomLog /var/log/git-httpd-access.log combined

# share well-known for renewal via Let's Encrypt!
Alias "/.well-known/acme-challenge" "/usr/local/www/.well-known/acme-challenge"

 <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/.well-known/acme-challenge/.*
RewriteRule (.*) https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [QSA,L,R=301]
    </IfModule>

# deny pushing over HTTP
<LocationMatch "git-receive-pack">
Require all denied
</LocationMatch>
</VirtualHost>

# The git.domain.com https virtual host
<VirtualHost *:443>
DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/git/repos
ServerName git.domain.com
ServerAdmin webmaster@domain.com
ErrorLog /var/log/git-httpd-error.log
CustomLog /var/log/git-httpd-access.log combined

# Uncomment the below 2 lines when deploy http2
H2Direct on
Protocols h2 h2c http/1.1
SSLEngine on
SSLCertificateFile "/usr/local/etc/ssl/acme/domain.com/fullchain.pem"
SSLCertificateKeyFile "/usr/local/etc/ssl/acme/private/domain.com/privkey.pem"
# HSTS (mod_headers is required) (15768000 seconds = 6 months)
Header always set Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=15768000"

<Directory "/usr/local/www/git/repos">
Options +ExecCGI
  SSLRequireSSL
AllowOverride None
AuthType Basic
AuthName "Private Git Access"
AuthUserFile "/usr/local/etc/git-auth-file"
AuthGroupFile /usr/local/etc/htgroup-git
Require valid-user
<If "%{QUERY_STRING} =~ m#service=git-receive-pack# || %{REQUEST_URI}
=~ m#/git-receive-pack$#">
Require group gitwrite
</If>
</Directory>

ScriptAlias /git /usr/local/libexec/git-core/git-http-backend
<Directory "/usr/local/libexec/git-core">
SetEnv GIT_PROJECT_ROOT /usr/local/www/git/repos
SetEnv GIT_HTTP_EXPORT_ALL
# For anonymous write
  #SetEnv REMOTE_USER anonymousweb
Options +ExecCGI
  SSLRequireSSL

AuthType Basic
AuthName "Private Git Access"
AuthUserFile "/usr/local/etc/git-auth-file"
AuthGroupFile /usr/local/etc/htgroup-git
Require valid-user
<If "%{QUERY_STRING} =~ m#service=git-receive-pack# || %{REQUEST_URI}
=~ m#/git-receive-pack$#">
Require group gitwrite
</If>
</Directory>

# gitweb
Alias /gitweb "/usr/local/www/gitweb"

<Directory "/usr/local/www/gitweb">
DirectoryIndex gitweb.cgi
Options ExecCGI

AuthType Basic
AuthName "Private Gitweb Access"
AuthUserFile "/usr/local/etc/git-auth-file"
Require valid-user

<Files gitweb.cgi>
SetHandler cgi-script
</Files>
SetEnv  GITWEB_CONFIG  /usr/local/etc/gitweb.conf
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

Thanks.
Dave.