Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Artur Bialecki <ar...@digitalfairway.com> on 2002/09/24 16:05:40 UTC

Pool statistics

Is there any way to obtain statistics on component pools
used by cocoon (2.0.3). Also, are component pools soft or
hard limit by default?

Thanks,

Artur...

Re: Pool statistics

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Artur Bialecki wrote:
> Is there any way to obtain statistics on component pools
> used by cocoon (2.0.3). Also, are component pools soft or
> hard limit by default?

Instrumentation is slated for a future release.  When that
happens, you will be able to look inside any part of Cocoon
you want.

Component pools are soft limiting by default.  When I first
added support for the pools, I attempted hard limiting, but
if the pool was not correctly sized Cocoon would deadlock.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin