Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Hsuan-Yi Chu <hs...@usc.edu> on 2013/04/10 04:20:23 UTC

hive giving issue with the errors

Hi,
My hadoop version is 0.20.203.0. And I also use Hive.

The following is the exception I got.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: ALLOW_UNQUOTED_CONTROL_CHARS
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.udf.generic.GenericUDTFJSONTuple.<clinit>(GenericUDTFJSONTuple.java:59)
	at org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.newInstance(ReflectionUtils.java:113)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.FunctionRegistry.registerGenericUDTF(FunctionRegistry.java:545)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.FunctionRegistry.registerGenericUDTF(FunctionRegistry.java:539)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.FunctionRegistry.<clinit>(FunctionRegistry.java:472)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.session.SessionState.<init>(SessionState.java:202)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliSessionState.<init>(CliSessionState.java:86)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.run(CliDriver.java:635)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.main(CliDriver.java:613)

I was told that the problem came from different versions used by Hadoop and Hive.

So how can I resolve it. Thanks.

Hsuan-Yi

Re: hive giving issue with the errors

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
hive version you mentioned has the fix provided on JIRA

I am not sure about if hadoop being the older version can cause this. Lets
see if any hive/hadoop dev comments the jackson dependency

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: hive giving issue with the errors

Posted by Hsuan-Yi Chu <hs...@usc.edu>.