Posted to dev@helix.apache.org by Kanak Biscuitwala <ka...@hotmail.com> on 2014/09/19 05:49:39 UTC

GitHub pull request process for committers

Hi,

I've written up a quick guide for how committers can merge pull requests from GitHub: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HELIX/Merging+Pull+Requests

Let me know if you have any feedback or if anything isn't clear.

Kanak

Re: GitHub pull request process for committers

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
To help reduce problems and mistakes probably could make script to
semi-automate the process?

Posted by Kanak Biscuitwala <ka...@hotmail.com>.
It's optional, but it helps with aesthetics when you have multi-commit pull requests where the commits after the first are just deltas due to code reviews.

But yeah, you don't have to do it if you don't want to.

Kanak

Posted by kishore g <g....@gmail.com>.