Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org> on 2008/09/02 18:38:02 UTC

Re: SIGFPE in XalanTransformer::initialize()

Christian Kühling wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 01:36, David Bertoni <db...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Neither Xalan-C 1.10 nore Xerces-C 2.8 are compatible with ICU 3.8.1 if you
>> use the ICU message loading option.  You should use ICU 3.2 1 instead, or
>> make sure you build both libraries with -m inmem.
>
> The following runConfigure calls were used to build ICU, Xerces and Xalan:
>
> ICU:
> ./runConfigureICU --enable-debug Linux --prefix=/home/ckuehlin/icu381
>
> Xerces:
> ./runConfigure -p linux -c gcc -x g++ -d -t icu -b 32 -l
> -L/home/ckuehlin/icu381/lib  -P /home/ckuehlin/xerces28bin
>
> Xalan
> ./runConfigure -p linux -c gcc -x g++ -t icu -r pthread -b 32 -l
> -L/home/ckuehlin/xerces28bin/lib -l -L/home/ckuehlin/icu381/lib -P
> /home/ckuehlin/xalan110bin
>
> Relevant environment parameters were
>
> export XERCESCROOT=/home/ckuehlin/xerces28src/xerces-c-src_2_8_0
> export ICUROOT=/home/ckuehlin/icu381
> export XALANCROOT=/home/ckuehlin/xalan110src/xml-xalan/c
> export XALAN_USE_ICU=true
>

>> Can you be more specific about what version of SUSE you're running?
>
> It's Opensuse 10.3 with its default packages. (Both gcc and g++ 4.2.1)
> I am able to reproduce the problem with the default packages of icu,
> xerces and xalan of this distribution.  (ICU 3.6, Xerces 2.7.0, Xalan
> 1.10)
>
> I have the remote suspicion that somehow the initializers get invoked
> more than once (bypassing the project's central initializer singleton)
> but I have to investigate this further in order to come up with a
> small example exhibiting the same behaviour.
I built all of the packages on OpenSUSE 10.3 with your options and ran
Xalan-C's conformance test suite without any problems.

I'm not sure what your application is doing, but something is wrong with
  static initialization of the libraries.

Dave

Re: SIGFPE in XalanTransformer::initialize()

Posted by Christian Kühling <ch...@gmail.com>.
> I built all of the packages on OpenSUSE 10.3 with your options and ran
> Xalan-C's conformance test suite without any problems.
>
> I'm not sure what your application is doing, but something is wrong with
>  static initialization of the libraries.

Thank you for your efforts!
I (kind of) 'solved' the problem by initializing Xalan directly from
the application that links against a library that uses Xalan. (The
application itself is not using Xalan.)

Regards,

Christian