Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Joel <re...@ddcom.co.jp> on 2004/07/14 10:19:25 UTC

location of xindice.jar

I know the docs are a little old, but I want to check. In the "Setting
up Your Build Environment" section of

    http://xml.apache.org/xindice/guide-developer.html

it says that a whole bunch of jars should be under

    xindice/java/lib

I find all but xindice.jar under

    webapps\xindice\WEB-INF\lib

I find the same set plus servlet.jar, junit stuff, and some license
stuff, under the separate

    $XINDICE_HOME%\java\lib

which is where things got put when I compiled.

Is this going to cause problems? (I'm thinking that it's just a case of
old docs, but I can't get example1 to compile.)

--
Joel <re...@ddcom.co.jp>

Re: location of xindice.jar

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Joel wrote:

>I know the docs are a little old, but I want to check. In the "Setting
>up Your Build Environment" section of
>
>    http://xml.apache.org/xindice/guide-developer.html
>
>it says that a whole bunch of jars should be under
>
>    xindice/java/lib
>
>I find all but xindice.jar under
>
>    webapps\xindice\WEB-INF\lib

Guide, I think, oriented on src or jar distribution, thus it points to
java/lib. You have got war file - and it will have libs under WEB-INF/lib.

>I find the same set plus servlet.jar, junit stuff, and some license
>stuff, under the separate
>
>    $XINDICE_HOME%\java\lib
>
>which is where things got put when I compiled.

Yep.

>Is this going to cause problems? (I'm thinking that it's just a case of
>old docs, but I can't get example1 to compile.)

Nope. As long as libraries are the same.

Vadim