Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Aliaksei Vasileuski <Al...@epam.com> on 2006/02/09 16:49:23 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache file upload problem (multipart forms)

Hello!

I have RedHat Linux Enterprise (Fedore Core 4), WebLogic 8 SP 4.
Apache is "before" WebLogic, it handles static files (images, CSS files, etc), and forwards requests for JSP pages and servlet to WebLogic.

I use multipart HTML form to upload files to the server.

If a user connect directly to WebLogic then File Upload works well - OK.
But if a user tries to upload a file (e.g. 477.1 КВ size) through Apache - I get
  org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadException:
  Processing of multipart/form-data request failed. Stream ended unexpectedly
  at org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase.parseRequest(FileUploadBase.java:384)
  at org.apache.commons.fileupload.servlet.ServletFileUpload.parseRequest(ServletFileUpload.java:116)
  at net.project.base.servlet.UploadServlet.doPost(UploadServlet.java:127)
when using Jakarta FileUpload,
or using cos (com.oreilly):
  java.io.IOException:
  Corrupt form data: no leading boundary:
  3d3 != -----------------------------106299948221235251921394376902
  at com.oreilly.servlet.multipart.MultipartParser.(MultipartParser.java:171)
  at com.oreilly.servlet.multipart.MultipartParser.(MultipartParser.java:94)
  at net.project.base.servlet.UploadServlet.doPost(UploadServlet.java:174)
  at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInvocationAction.run(ServletStubImpl.java:1006)
  at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:419)

So, the net.project.base.servlet.UploadServlet servlet fails. It happens with both Apache 2.0.54 and the latest 2.0.55.
Linux kernel is 2.6 (it was recently updated from 2.4, RedHat Fedore Core 3).
BTW it seemed to work well before OS update, but I'm not 100%-sure if this is a reason...

Any ideas? Please, help.

I've searched for similar bugs in apache bug database, but not found.

Best Regards,
              Alex