Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by gc...@s-und-n.de on 2002/04/29 13:50:58 UTC

IllegalStateException with Cocoon

Hi,

while trying to index some XML documents within Cocoon I experienced the
following exception:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: field url cannot be an indexed field.
at org.apache.lucene.index.FieldInfos.add(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.lucene.index.FieldInfos.add(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.lucene.index.DocumentWriter.addDocument(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.addDocument(Unknown Source)

Cocoon creates an indexed field for each XML element and each attribute.
Since Cocoon already creates an unindexed field, url, which contains, well,
the URL, you are unable to index a XML document with a <url> element.

Digging through the mail archives I found Doug suggesting the following
fix:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=lucene-user&m=100253044509125&w=2

I tried it and it works for me. I dont know what the side effects are. I
didn't experience any. I kindly ask to apply the fix so its available in
the next RC.

Thanks
Guido