Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by JPee <pe...@softwareforen.de> on 2009/10/20 16:33:48 UTC

get position of block

Hi,

I'm working with FOP embedded in a CMS for generating PDFs. I have the
following problem.

In my PDF there are texts, in the texts there are headers, paragraphs, bold
and italic parts. In my project I defined patterns how these things are
mapped to fop. Sometimes it happens that there is a Header in the last lines
of a page. The structure of the generated fop sourcecode is like.

<fo:block headerattributes>headertext</fo:block> (1 time)
<fo:block normaltextattr.>text</fo:block> (n times)

And that iterates several times.

Is there a possibilty to get the position out of a block so i could define a
rule, if the block.height is higher than 200mm page-break-before? Or is
there a possibility to keep the block with the headerattributes together
with the next line, which is used by another block? In my case i don't have
the choice to put a block around the headertext and the normal text, to use
the keep-together.within-page attribute.

Greetings,

JPee

AW: get position of block

Posted by Georg Datterl <ge...@geneon.de>.
Hi JPee,

No, you won't easily get the height of a block, since that information is only available, after the various breaking and layouting algorithms of fop are finished. But there shouldn't be anything wrong with keep-with-next / keep-with-previous. Helped me a lot.

Regards,

Georg Datterl

------ Kontakt ------

Georg Datterl