Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Richard Bounds <ri...@richardbounds.co.uk> on 2003/02/17 10:46:04 UTC

CVS changelog with a Windows CVS server and Beta-8

I've just upgraded to beta-8 and have noticed that the CVS changelog and
activity reports have stopped working. Looking at maven.log, it seems that
the CVS connection string is not being parsed properly, due to the cvs
server being a windows machine. The cvs connection is as follows:

    <connection>

scm:cvs:pserver:mavenuser:password@cobalt:d:\cvsroot:Risk_Governance_R2/appl
ication
    </connection>

(this used to work fine with beta-7)

and maven.log reads:

2003-02-17 09:31:31,614 INFO
org.apache.maven.changelog.AbstractChangeLogGenerator - SCM Command Line[0]:
cvs
2003-02-17 09:31:31,614 INFO
org.apache.maven.changelog.AbstractChangeLogGenerator - SCM Command
Line[0]: -d
2003-02-17 09:31:31,614 INFO
org.apache.maven.changelog.AbstractChangeLogGenerator - SCM Command Line[0]:
:pserver:mavenuser:password@cobalt
2003-02-17 09:31:31,624 INFO
org.apache.maven.changelog.AbstractChangeLogGenerator - SCM Command Line[0]:
log
2003-02-17 09:31:31,624 INFO
org.apache.maven.changelog.AbstractChangeLogGenerator - SCM Command
Line[0]: -d 2003-01-18<2003-02-18
2003-02-17 09:31:31,834 ERROR
org.apache.maven.changelog.AbstractChangeLogGenerator - cvs log: CVSROOT
(":pserver:mavenuser:password@cobalt")
cvs log: requires a path spec
cvs log: :pserver:[user[:password]@]host[:[port]]/path
cvs [log aborted]: Bad CVSROOT.
2003-02-17 09:31:31,834 INFO  org.apache.maven.changelog.ChangeLog -
ChangeLog found: 0 entries

It looks as though the cvs path is not being found, so I have also tried:

<connection>

scm:cvs:pserver:mavenuser:password@cobalt:2401:d:\cvsroot:Risk_Governance_R2
/application
</connection>

..which gives the same result, and:

    <connection>

scm:cvs:pserver:mavenuser:password@cobalt/d:\cvsroot:Risk_Governance_R2/appl
ication
    </connection>

..which gives the message:

2003-02-17 09:36:57,048 INFO
org.apache.maven.changelog.AbstractChangeLogGenerator - SCM Command Line[0]:
:pserver:mavenuser:password@cobalt/d
2003-02-17 09:36:57,048 INFO
org.apache.maven.changelog.AbstractChangeLogGenerator - SCM Command Line[0]:
log
2003-02-17 09:36:57,048 INFO
org.apache.maven.changelog.AbstractChangeLogGenerator - SCM Command
Line[0]: -d 2003-01-18<2003-02-18
2003-02-17 09:36:57,439 ERROR
org.apache.maven.changelog.AbstractChangeLogGenerator - cvs [log aborted]:
/d: no such repository

Can anyone suggest a solution (other than setting up a linux cvs server
:o))?

thanks,

Richard

Re: CVS changelog with a Windows CVS server and Beta-8

Posted by Ben Walding <de...@walding.com>.
As a brief observation, it will probably be happening because the : in
d:\ will be throwing the SCM connection parser all out of whack.

I can't say why this changed b7 to b8.

I'm adding a testsuite now to prevent any regressions in the future.

I'll probably have a look at doing a piece of special case parsing to
handle the :\ construct.

All tracked on MAVEN-277