Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Ashton Holmes <ro...@scoopta.ninja> on 2018/07/09 05:21:09 UTC

Disabling JMX/Securing james

Is there any way to completely disable JMX? I've changed the
com.sun.management.jmxremote property to false but james-cli is still
able to connect and interact with the server. If not then maybe I'm
asking the wrong question. This server has multiple users with shell
access and I am looking to make it so they can't just download a james
zip and use james-cli to change server settings. James is running as its
own user in a folder with the proper permissions so they can't directly
access the email data but because james-cli goes over the network it
makes it somewhat a mute point allowing anyone with shell access to
change passwords, create accounts, etc.

Re: Disabling JMX/Securing james

Posted by Ashton Holmes <ro...@scoopta.ninja>.
Ahhh yeah that's probably my problem then. Oh well. As I said I've
addressed the issue outside of James

Posted by Benoit Tellier <bt...@linagora.com>.
Hello Ashton Holmes,

Posted by Ashton Holmes <ro...@scoopta.ninja>.