Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Veeramani S <ve...@indts.com> on 2001/06/04 10:31:02 UTC

DOM005 and DOM002 exceptions

Can you tell me when do we get the DOM005 and DOM002 exceptions?  I do not
know the root cause for this error.  These exceptions do not come up
consistently.

Thank you,

[Hema Rajan]

[C2] WL6.0 and samples

Posted by "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KP...@flagship.ru>.
Hi, dims and all others!

I've installed succesfully firday's C2 into WebLogic 6.0 sp1 using
installation instructions from Davanum and I get the welcome page without
any problem. (Just remind, I copied xerces_1_4_0.jar to
bea\wlsp1\jdk1.3\jre\lib\etx\, then copied cocoon.war to
config\mydomain\applications\ and that's all, as I remember).

But then I had some errors with samples:
1. The HTML hello page gives HTTP 401 error.
2. VoxML sample comes as an XML response (maybe this is a bug in IE5.0 like
with PDF).
3. PDF hello page tryied to open Adobe Acrobat but then it failed with some
message, like "wrong document format" or so (don't remember exactly).
Didn't test others from Hello section.

>From dynamic part:
1. Session example gives an HTML response, but the source is not HTML, but
XML (<content>... and so on).
2. i18n samples - works fine (Something's wrong with Russian UTF-8 encoding,
it gives some wrong characters. The same error is with Tomcat 4.0b5. On NT
4.0 and Tomcat 4.0b5 it works fine. Maybe the problem is in my IE 5.0).
3. File upload - works fine.
Didn't test DB samples.

>From other sections tryied only slides - works without any problem.

My configuration:
Win 2000 Professional (no service pack)
Sun JDK 1.3
WebLogic 6.0 sp1
IE 5.0

At work: NT 4.0, Tomcat 3.3/4.0b5 I installed C2 easily and without
problems. All tryied samples worked fine.

I think, the problem with hello and session samples could be in the Xalan's
EntityResolver, because all stylesheets that are used for that samples use
import or include.

Regards,
    Konstantin Piroumian.

Re: DOM005 and DOM002 exceptions

Posted by "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KP...@flagship.ru>.
> Can you tell me when do we get the DOM005 and DOM002 exceptions?  I do not
> know the root cause for this error.  These exceptions do not come up
> consistently.

DOM005 error is for the Wrong document excpetion. Usually, it means that you
are trying to add nodes to your document from another one. You have to use
importNode() for that.

For DOM002 see W3C DOM specification or JavaDocs.

Regards,
       Konstantin Piroumian.