Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Marcel Kinard <cm...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/05 22:15:25 UTC

plan for handling updated device OS versions?

I'm seeing rumors on the web that iOS 6.1 is in the works from Apple and
there is a beta that recently opened. Is there any sort of target for
handling new device OS versions in Cordova? For example:

- Cordova should support a new device OS in the next Cordova version 4-6
weeks after the OS becomes generally available
or
- through the participation of betas with the device vendor, and careful
release scheduling, Cordova should support a new device OS on day 1 that
a new OS becomes generally available
or
- (something else entirely, since these are just examples)

The goal here would be to:
- provide some general direction to consumers and set realistic
expectations.
- provide specific direction to the Cordova development community, and
give us a target to shoot for.
- be consistent in our approach across all the OS vendors (assuming that
is desired).

Has there been previous discussion on this topic? If not, what are your
ideas on this?

-- Marcel Kinard

Re: plan for handling updated device OS versions?

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.
god I love that roadmap page.

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.