Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Li Guo Qing <gq...@aimko.com> on 2002/10/31 03:33:29 UTC

How to use COMProvider?

I downloaded SOAP 2.3.
I follow the guide to set up COMProvier.
but it doesn't work.
How can I to do this?

thanks!

Re: How to use COMProvider?

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
Please describe the steps you followed to set it up and the problem(s)
you are having.  All you should need to do is follow the standard Apache
SOAP installation, then deploy a service with a deployment descriptor
like

<isd:service xmlns:isd="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap/deployment"
             id="urn:adder-COM">
  <isd:provider type="org.apache.soap.providers.com.RPCProvider"
                scope="Application"
                methods="add">
    <isd:java class="required not needed for COMProvider"/>
    <isd:option key="progid" value="Apacheadder.adder" />
  </isd:provider>

<isd:faultListener>org.apache.soap.server.DOMFaultListener</isd:faultLis
tener>
</isd:service>

where the progid option has a value of a progid for a deployed COM
server, e.g. a COM DLL for which regsvr32 has been run.

Scott Nichol

<ma...@xml.apache.org>
<ma...@xml.apache.org>

Re: How to use COMProvider?