Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by 王学超 <wa...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/12 02:41:09 UTC

some questions about hadoop

hi, everyone!
I'm new,I am not familiar with hadoop,so I have some following
questions,please help me. thanks
1、Are there 3rd party technologies and included in hadoop or dependencies?
2、How is hadoop's high-availability handled? Built-in or requires
separate HA manager?
3、How is security handled?
4、How is error logging handled?

Re: some questions about hadoop

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@yahoo-inc.com>.

On 12/12/07 9:16 AM, "Ted Dunning" <td...@veoh.com> wrote:
> 3.  There is currently no security.  Weak user level security will appear
> soon (but you will still be able to lie about who you are).  Stronger
> security is in the works, but you should expect to protect a Hadoop cluster
> from the outside.

    It is probably worth pointing out that the approach we took to
protecting the HDFS was to firewall off the fs.default.name machine/port and
50075 (datanode.something.or.other) while also having users use another port
that pointed to an apache instance that wrapped the dfs browser stuff. Hosts
that can connect to the HDFS is then strictly controlled, including limited
root access, etc.

    [Yes, this is painful.]

Re: some questions about hadoop

Posted by Ted Dunning <td...@veoh.com>.

3.  There is currently no security.  Weak user level security will appear
soon (but you will still be able to lie about who you are).  Stronger
security is in the works, but you should expect to protect a Hadoop cluster
from the outside.

2.  High availability is inherent in hadoop's map-reduce system and storage
system.  You have to use external tools to achieve full HA capabilities for
the central name node.

On 12/12/07 12:21 AM, "王学超" <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> thank you ,Khalil Honsali
Can others  can give me some other suggestion?
I am
> eagerly waiting for your reply.

2007/12/12, Khalil Honsali

--