Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by fnord <li...@libertylost.org> on 2010/03/15 17:25:43 UTC

[ivyde] Using a relative path for the Build Properties file?

We use a build.properties file in every build, it sits right in the root
folder.

I've been unable to find a way to use a relative path for this property -- I
have to set an absolute path, which breaks the way we normally set up IvyDE,
which is with a global setting, rather than a project-specific setting.

At this point I've got devs complaining and hard-coding values and all hell
is about to break loose. I'm charging my cattle prod now.

Is there a way to say something like ${ant.file}/build.properties so that
this can be set globally?

Re: [ivyde] Using a relative path for the Build Properties file?

Posted by fnord <li...@libertylost.org>.
This does work... I had tried adding a properties file to the ivy.xml, which
bombs, but if I set it int he ivysettings.xml file, it works fine. Live and
learn, eh?

Posted by Alex Foreman <Al...@morganstanley.com>.
Can you use it relative from the ivy settings dir?

Something like:

  <properties file="${ivy.settings.dir}/build.properties" override="false" />

HTH

On 15 March 2010 16:25, fnord <li...@libertylost.org> wrote:

> We use a build.properties file in every build, it sits right in the root
> folder.
>
> I've been unable to find a way to use a relative path for this property -- I
> have to set an absolute path, which breaks the way we normally set up IvyDE,
> which is with a global setting, rather than a project-specific setting.
>
> At this point I've got devs complaining and hard-coding values and all hell
> is about to break loose. I'm charging my cattle prod now.
>
> Is there a way to say something like ${ant.file}/build.properties so that
> this can be set globally?

Alex Foreman

Re: [ivyde] Using a relative path for the Build Properties file?

Posted by Claudio Miranda <cl...@claudius.com.br>.
I have a similar situation, where the ivysettings is situated at $HOME/.ivy2
It needs to load the build.properties of each project, so I put

<properties file="${ivy.project.dir}/build.properties" />

into $HOME/.ivy2/ivysettings.xml

see if it helps

Claudio Miranda

fnord wrote:

> We use a build.properties file in every build, it sits right in the root
> folder.
>
> I've been unable to find a way to use a relative path for this property --
> I have to set an absolute path, which breaks the way we normally set up
> IvyDE, which is with a global setting, rather than a project-specific
> setting.
>
> At this point I've got devs complaining and hard-coding values and all
> hell is about to break loose. I'm charging my cattle prod now.
>
> Is there a way to say something like ${ant.file}/build.properties so that
> this can be set globally?

-----
Claudio Miranda
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/claudio