Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Isaac Kamga <is...@mifos.org> on 2018/10/15 21:50:24 UTC

Re: [ DISCUSS ] Apache Fineract CN Tentative Community Roadmap

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your feedback Ed...it was very helpful.

James, please could you edit the requirements you're suggesting into
the Community
roadmap
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/Apache+Fineract+CN+Community+Roadmap>
.

I'd like to encourage the community to add items to the roadmap so that we
move towards an initial release of Fineract CN.

Given that some developers are working on issues on Fineract CN, I suggest
we strike the items through ( like this strikethrough ) which have been
closed on JIRA as I've started doing.

Cheers,
Isaac Kamga.

Posted by Sendoro Juma <se...@singo.africa>.
+1

Posted by James Dailey <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi All -

I believed I had enough lazy consensus to document what I *think* is the
approach we are advocating.  I took some liberties perhaps with the
different phases, but hopefully this is good.  If not, debate and comments
welcome!

Here are the key pages I changed and added content to on the wiki.  I see
the wiki as a more permanent place for "memorializing" community
decisions.  If these are not clear community decisions, please speak up and
say so.  For example, I think that while we cannot officially release until
we've resolved the x-dependency issues, I also don't think it is required
to solve those *first*. I would advocate for demonstrating the design
approach and reducing barriers for developers as a priority before we go
down the rat hole of tackling data persistence and test framework
dependencies on MariaDB.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/Apache+Fineract+CN+Community+Roadmap

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/Fineract+CN+Functional+Specifications
-

Please do comment on those pages or respond to this email on-list.

Again, I think we had a consensus on Myrle's statement to only use the
existing (limited and ready to go) microservices with a target of a mobile
payment app.

Thanks,
James

Posted by Markus Geiss <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by James Dailey <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Myrle -

Posted by Myrle Krantz <my...@apache.org>.
Hey all,

Posted by Isaac Kamga <is...@mifos.org>.
Hi Ed,

Yes, I have started looking deeper into how to eliminate the Category X
dependencies.
I have assigned this issues to myself and I'll share my approach to
resolving these issues.

Cheers,
Isaac.

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.