Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Laxmi Narsimha Rao Oruganti <la...@oracle.com> on 2013/12/20 11:12:04 UTC

Find Job Status by Job ID

Hey There,

                We are very new to hadoop and have question.

We are submitting (or creating) job using Hadoop Job API v2 (i.e. namespace mapreduce than old one mapred)

                We submit MR Jobs derived from metadata of our own jobs using mapreduce namespace API.  We maintain the Hadoop Job Name in this table.

                We want to track the submitted jobs for the progress (and so completion) so that we can update our own jobs as complete.

1)      Job Tracking API in mapred namespce - Does it work for jobs created using new namespace API

2)      If (1) is false, is there any way to track Job Progress using mapreduce namespace Job API? New namespace Job Status API requires Job object.  Whereas 'Job Monitoring' module of ours does not have any job object with it.

Can you please help us with anyway to get Job Status given a Job Name?  We make sure job name are unique.

Thanks,

Laxmi