Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ku...@inwind.it on 2003/04/14 02:57:28 UTC

Re: Standalone Tomcat/Multiple SSL Certs

Hello,
i have a site composed of 4 html files and a servlet.
I would like that to access a servlet i would reach this address:

www.host.ext

and to access the HTML files i have to digit those address below:

www.host.ext/first.html
www.host.ext/second.html
www.host.ext/fourth.html

Since i cannot achieve this result using the web.xml and server.xml,  Im
planning to write a simple Servlet, mapped onto the /* URL path, to map a
request to the appropriate servlet/html resource. For example i want that
accessing the URL www.host.ext/AnyText/AnyText i would be always be served
by the servlet. Accessing
the URL  www.host.ext/first.html i would be served by Coyote returning just
the html file,  and so on.
I know that i have to use RequestDispatcher and forward() method, but i
would like to read more info about than the Javadocs.

Any servlet example already written and available to be read on any site?

Thanks
luca

servlet doing dispatcher service

Posted by ku...@inwind.it.
In my previous mail (here below), I forgot to change the Subject of my
email, sorry :)
Anyway, my quesiton is still here below.