Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by KaleidoQuilt <ka...@verizon.net> on 2017/03/15 18:58:58 UTC

Rotation Tool Won't Save

Hello,

I have Windows 7.0 and am using Open Office 4.1.3 Writer. I am using the
Drawing Tool. I am making right angle triangles. One with the apex to
the bottom left and one (rotated) with the apex at the bottom right. All
looks good, and I SAVE the document. When I re-open the document all the
triangles are situated with the apex to the bottom left. I have tried
ROTATING using the "curly arrow" button and also by going into the menu
selection and choosing 90 degrees. I have tried to "fix" the problem
twice, but every time I SAVE and re-open, the triangles are back to apex
bottom left. This also happens with curved arrows. I will set them in
the direction I like, but they revert back to their original position
after SAVE and re-open.
Please advise.

Lil Sklenarik - KaleidoQuilt

--
KaleidoQuilt
"Connecting Colors"

"Afraid of a little COLOR?"
Can't commit to painting the whole room?
Quilt Art is versatile and can add a "POP" of Color.
I could NEVER make THAT...YES YOU CAN!
Classes include machines, tools and hand holding.

Re: Rotation Tool Won't Save

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.

On 16/03/17 5:58 AM, KaleidoQuilt wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have Windows 7.0 and am using Open Office 4.1.3 Writer. I am using
> the Drawing Tool. I am making right angle triangles. One with the apex
> to the bottom left and one (rotated) with the apex at the bottom
> right. All looks good, and I SAVE the document.

You probably SAVE AS .doc format instead of SAVE in .odt format

Fwd: Rotation Tool Won't Save

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.
Forwarded Reply from OP

Yes. Thank you. I will try saving in ODT.

Lil

Essential information (was: Rotation Tool Won't Save

Posted by Julian Thomas <jt...@jt-mj.net>.
> On Mar 15, 2017, at 14:58, KaleidoQuilt <ka...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> I have Windows 7.0 and am using Open Office 4.1.3 Writer.

Good for you.  You told us both what OS you are using and what version of OO.

----
Julian Thomas   - http://jt-mj.net

People are like stained glass windows: they sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light within. - Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Re: Rotation Tool Won't Save

Posted by Dave <no...@tasit.net>.
On 15.03.2017 19:58, KaleidoQuilt wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have Windows 7.0 and am using Open Office 4.1.3 Writer. I am using
> the Drawing Tool. I am making right angle triangles. One with the apex
> to the bottom left and one (rotated) with the apex at the bottom
> right. All looks good, and I SAVE the document. When I re-open the
> document all the triangles are situated with the apex to the bottom
> left. I have tried ROTATING using the "curly arrow" button and also by
> going into the menu selection and choosing 90 degrees. I have tried to
> "fix" the problem twice, but every time I SAVE and re-open, the
> triangles are back to apex bottom left. This also happens with curved
> arrows. I will set them in the direction I like, but they revert back
> to their original position after SAVE and re-open.
> Please advise.
>
> Lil Sklenarik - KaleidoQuilt

Rotation may be an issue, but the method described and illustrated in
the attached document works, even if you choose to save in one of
Microsoft's formats.

Dave

never be read.