Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Darryl Wilburn <Da...@HobartCorp.com> on 2005/04/07 21:56:37 UTC

Virtual host configuration

Greetins all,
New to Tomcat/Apache....  Implemented Tomcat 4.1.29 to support an
application that required an application server.  I'm migrating the
application from an existing NT 4.0 system and would like to implement it
as a virtual host on the Win2003 server running Tomcat.  (Unfortunately,
the app does not support non-Win hosts)  Anyway, I'd like to define the
starting point of the virtual host as a directory that is 3 levels below
"webapps".  In other words, I want the users to see the site as
http://hostname, instead http://hostname/folder1/folder2/folder3. (folder3

being the desired "home" directory)

Thanks
DW

Re: Virtual host configuration

Posted by Pete Stevens <pe...@ex-parrot.com>.
On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, Darryl Wilburn wrote:

> Greetins all,
> New to Tomcat/Apache....  Implemented Tomcat 4.1.29 to support an
> application that required an application server.  I'm migrating the
> application from an existing NT 4.0 system and would like to implement it
> as a virtual host on the Win2003 server running Tomcat.  (Unfortunately,
> the app does not support non-Win hosts)  Anyway, I'd like to define the
> starting point of the virtual host as a directory that is 3 levels below
> "webapps".  In other words, I want the users to see the site as
> http://hostname, instead http://hostname/folder1/folder2/folder3. (folder3
>
> being the desired "home" directory)

This explains how to do it for virtual hosts one level deep. Three is a simple
extension.

http://www.ex-parrot.com/~pete/tomcat-vhost.html

Pete Stevens

--
Pete Stevens
pete@ex-parrot.com

 "We agree it[the gas bill] was rather high for the time of year. It's possible
       Mr Purdey has been charged for the gas used up during the explosion that
                                                          destroyed his house."
                                                    -- North West Gas Spokesman