Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Emma Sesmero <em...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/01 08:23:15 UTC

Packaging James beta 3

Hi all,

I am trying to build James beta 3 from the source code.

I am used to build the trunk version, which just needs "*mvn install*" to
create the zip that contains all the James folders and files.

I tried to build James beta 3 using "*mvn install*", but I did not obtain
the corresponding zip. I have tried "*mvn package*" and also tried "*mvn
package -Pwith-assembly*" but the result was the same, and the console
showed "*[WARNING] The requested profile "with-assembly" could not be
activated because it does not exist.*". I obtain the
james-server-container-spring-3.0-beta3.jar
in the container-spring/target folder, but not the zip anywhere.

Do you know what I should be doing?

Thank you in advance,
Emma

Re: Packaging James beta 3

Posted by Emma Sesmero <em...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your answer, but I am trying to build James 3 beta 3, which
has no app project (beta3_projects.png).

I am using Windows and following these steps:

1) svn checkout
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/tags/james-server-3.0-beta3/
beta3
2) cd beta 3
3) mvn clean package

It builds successfully, but the result inside the container-spring/target
folder is what you see attached (beta3_buid.png). According to the
build.txt, "*The distribution binary and source build can be found under
"container-spring/target" *
*and should contain everything you need to start with.*" So, how do I go
from there to the content of the distributed zip (james_zip.png).

Kind regards,
Emma

Re: Packaging James beta 3

Posted by Philippe Benoit <pb...@linagora.com>.