Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@gmail.com> on 2022/04/19 23:50:08 UTC

[FYI][UPDATE] Apple Silicon Java 17 CI for Apache Spark 3.3

Hi, All.

Since last November 2021, we have been monitoring Java 17 tests for Spark
3.3 daily.

    https://lists.apache.org/thread/406zk7k9cprwsfgq7gb6q75pqw8hnm3f
    [FYI] Build and run tests on Java 17 for Apache Spark 3.3 (November,
2021)

In addition, from January 2022, we added Apple Silicon + Java 17 CI.

    https://lists.apache.org/thread/5n59fs22rtytflbz4sz1pz32ozzfbkrx
    Apache Spark Jenkins Infra 2022

Today, we added the CI status link to our website to give more visibility.

    Spark Website: https://spark.apache.org/developer-tools.html
    Direct Link: https://apache-spark.s3.fr-par.scw.cloud/index.html

In short, the new link shows the last successful commit on both master and
branch-3.3. The following are some AS-IS test limitations due to the 3rd
party library issues.

    - For branch-3.3 (Spark 3.3), all LevelDB/RocksDB/Pandas tests are
excluded.
    - For master (Spark 3.4), all LevelDB/Pandas tests are excluded.

New CI will help us detect both Java 17 and Apple Silicon issues faster
than the existing daily CI.

Dongjoon

Re: [FYI][UPDATE] Apple Silicon Java 17 CI for Apache Spark 3.3

Posted by Qian SUN <qi...@gmail.com>.
Cool, thanks for your work on this.

Best
Qian