Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org> on 2006/04/10 15:26:12 UTC

Exporting packages from System Bundle

Currently, Felix' System Bundle hard codes four exports (framework,
packageadmin, startlevel, and url). Additional exports can be added
using the org.osgi.framework.system.packages property via the
config.properties file.

After thinking about it a little, I think that the four packages should
no longer be hard coded into Felix. This approach was mostly a holdover
from R3 when their was no spec defined way to export packages, so I just
added them by hand.

Now that we have a standard way of doing this, it seems like we should
just move the hard coded packages to the config.properties so they are
treated the same way as any other package listed in the system packages
property.

Does anyone have an issue with this? I think it is better because it is
more consistent and it makes all exported packages externally editable.
The one potential downside is that if people mess up their
config.properties file, they may get themselves into a situation where
they can't even see the OSGi interfaces/classes...this doesn't sound too
major.

If no one can think of any major issues with this, then I will commit
the change.

-> richard

Re: Exporting packages from System Bundle

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
Well, this didn't seem to stir up much fuss, so I moved the hard coded
System Bundle exports to the config.properties file and committed it. If
we run into any issues we can always go back.

-> richard

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.