Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by gpssolr2020 <ps...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/15 02:52:16 UTC

uniquekey generation in solr

hi all,

We are generating unique key(signaturefield) for solr based six unique
fields from DB. The generated uniquekey is different in solr , when run
through dataimport handler and updaterequesthandler for the same document
though we are calling the same update.chain for both.

So can any one please explain this behaviour.

Thanks.

Re: uniquekey generation in solr

Posted by gpssolr2020 <ps...@gmail.com>.
one of the field used in unique key generation is in date format and other
are in string format. So when we remove this date field ,it is working fine.

Re: uniquekey generation in solr

Posted by Gora Mohanty <go...@mimirtech.com>.
On 15 December 2013 07:22, gpssolr2020 <ps...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi all,
>
> We are generating unique key(signaturefield) for solr based six unique
> fields from DB. The generated uniquekey is different in solr , when run
> through dataimport handler and updaterequesthandler for the same document
> though we are calling the same update.chain for both.
>
> So can any one please explain this behaviour.

This should not normally be the case. However, your update
code probably has to be different for the two methods, and
that is almost certainly where the difference lies. Please share
details on how the unique key is generated in the two cases.

Regards,
Gora