Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/08 18:08:53 UTC

Fwd: HBase metadata

Forwarding to hbase user mailing list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Lilley <jo...@redpoint.net>
Date: Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 9:05 AM
Subject: HBase metadata
To: "user@hadoop.apache.org" <us...@hadoop.apache.org>

 Greetings!

We would like to support HBase in a general manner, having our software
connect to any HBase table and read/write it in a row-oriented fashion.
However, as we explore HBase, the raw interface is at a very low level --
basically a map from binary record keys to named columns.  So my question
about metadata standards.  What do users mostly do to use HBase for
row-oriented access?  It is always going through Hive?

Thanks

john

Re: HBase metadata

Posted by Amit Tewari <am...@gmail.com>.
Depending on what you really need you can explore Apache Phoenix or HP trafodion (open sourced recently by HP labs)

Amit

Sent from my mobile device, please excuse the typos