Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by vinay ds <vi...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/28 09:26:59 UTC

openNLP v/s sharpNLP

I tried POS tag with both c# and java.

But for some words i am getting different results.  For example : "melting
point" .

In C# (using sharpNLP model) i am getting result : [NN,NN]

but,

In java, (using openNLP 1.5 model) i am getting result : [VBG,NN] .

Are these kind of difference expected. which one i should follow ?

Thanks in advance,

Vinay

Re: openNLP v/s sharpNLP

Posted by vinay ds <vi...@gmail.com>.
yes. sharpNLP is ported  C# version of java.
i used sharpNLP model in c#, and openNLP in java. I cannot use sharpNLP
model in java.
But i am expecting same result .

Thanks
 Vinay

Re: openNLP v/s sharpNLP

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.

openNLP v/s sharpNLP

Re: openNLP v/s sharpNLP

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
You can also try to use IKVM, as described here in our wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/OPENNLP/a-quick-guide-to-using-opennlp-from-net.html

Jörn