Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Daire Mac Mathúna <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/06 18:21:36 UTC

Sharing index amongst multiple nodes

Hi. Wat are the thoughts on having multiple SOLR instances i.e. multiple
SOLR war files, sharing the same index (i.e. sharing the same solr_home)
where only one SOLR instance is used for writing and the others for reading?

Is this possible?

Is it beneficial - is it more performant than having just one solr instance?

How does it affect auto-commits i.e. how would the read nodes know the
index has been changed and re-populate cache etc.?

Sole 3.6.1

Thanks.

Re: Sharing index amongst multiple nodes

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.
A document sent to any Solr Cloud node will be sent to the right place.

Shard merging and splitting is not supported now. There is work on shard splitting: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-3755

wunder

--
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org

Re: Sharing index amongst multiple nodes

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
My last questions.

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.

--
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org

Re: Sharing index amongst multiple nodes

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Walter;

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.

--
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org

Re: Sharing index amongst multiple nodes

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Walter;

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.

--
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org

Re: Sharing index amongst multiple nodes

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Daire Mac Mathúna;

Posted by Amit Nithian <an...@gmail.com>.