Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by arpan srivastava <ar...@yahoo.com> on 2007/01/29 08:39:20 UTC

error: reference to Factory is ambiguous?

<!-- DIV {margin:0px;}-->Hi All,

    I have a WSDL, for which i made a jar file using xml bean task.When compiled it gave following error:

        "The WSDL v1.wsdl uses SOAP encoding. SOAP encoding is not compatible with literal XML Schema.
         error: src-resolve: type 'Array@http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/' not found".

    To remove this error I compiled the schema file from location "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/",
to create a jar file and then added the jar file in the classpath. Now
in my NetBeans IDE I added the jar file to the library and i am trying
to instantiate one of the classes in it and I am getting this error:

// I am creating the object of the class
XYZ  xyzInstance = XYZImpl.Factory.newInstance();

//I am getting this error

"reference
to Factory is ambiguous, both class
org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlObject.Factory in org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlObject
and class com.abc.XYZ.Factory in com.abc.XYZ match"

and
one more thing, is it necessary that the webservice should return a xml
bean type only then i could use xmlbean on he client side. Here I am
using SOAPConnectionFactory for calling webservice.

Thanks,
Arpan

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.

Data binding on DTD

Posted by "W.Y. Ho" <ye...@yahoo.ca>.
Hi,

I have a legacy system xml documents based on DTD.
I don't think we can do xml data binding using xmlbeans.
If so, I need to translate/ convert the DTD into .xsd xml schema.
Any pointers on how to do this? Any good (free) tools to do the translation?

Thanks in advance,
wen