Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Rick Reumann <ri...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/12 09:10:48 UTC

Is it typical for a client stub to look this complicated for accessing document literal wrapped webservice?

I've deployed a simple webservice to jboss4.0.5 (with jax-ws applied)
that is very simple:

@WebService
@SOAPBinding(parameterStyle = SOAPBinding.ParameterStyle.WRAPPED)
public interface Calculator extends Remote
{
   @WebMethod int add(int x, int y);

   @WebMethod int subtract(int x, int y);
}

On a remote server, when I build the stubs using wsdl2JAVA (based off
the wsdl generated when I deploy the webservice/ejb), I seem to have
to get access to the add result by doing something like:

//my TestClient...

            CalculatorBeanServiceStub stub = new CalculatorBeanServiceStub();
            CalculatorBeanServiceStub.Add0 add0 = new
CalculatorBeanServiceStub.Add0();
            CalculatorBeanServiceStub.Add addClass = new
CalculatorBeanServiceStub.Add();
            addClass.setArg0(5);
            addClass.setArg1(3);
            add0.setAdd(addClass);
            AddResponse2 addResponse = stub.add(add0);
            System.out.println( addResponse.localAddResponse.get_return() );

Is this normal? It seems odd to have to use an Add0 object and another
Add object  that seems to wrap the Add0 object. Is there a reason the
stub doesn't provide a more simple implenation like:

CalculatorBeanServiceStub.Add addClass = new CalculatorBeanServiceStub.Add();
addClass.setArg0(5);
addClass.setArg1(3);
AddResponse response = stub.add(addClass);

or even better...

stub.add( 5, 3 )

The client usage seems overly complicated. Is this because I'm
accessing a Document Literal type?

Thanks for any help.

Re: Is it typical for a client stub to look this complicated for accessing document literal wrapped webservice?

Posted by Rick Reumann <ri...@gmail.com>.
Just bumping this to see if anyone has experienced something similar.
Seems odd that I have to have that extra wrapper (Add0 around my Add
class)....

--
Rick