Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by James McGill <ja...@ableengineering.com> on 2009/11/23 21:05:11 UTC

Seeking help with fo.ftl

I'm running into an obstacle with fo.ftl.  Since OFBiz is my first exposure
to either XSL-FO or Freemarker Templates, I'm finding it very difficult to
do elementary things.
I don't find the XSL-FO documentation very helpful because FTL seems to make
things a little different from the exmples here:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xsl-20011015/slice6.html#section-N12769-Introduction

I started with what should be the easiest thing, putting a page break at the
beginning of
applications/order/webapp/ordermgr/order/orderReportConditions.fo.ftl.
I thought that putting <fo:block break-after='page'/> on that page, or
<fo:block break-before='page'/> at the end of orderReportBody.fo.ftl but
these appear to be
processing instructions that apply to a "page" template, and the the
purchase order doesn't look like it's in that kind of template.  There are
precious few examples
of *.fo.ftl documents in OFBiz and I don't know anyplace else this kind of
stylesheet is used.  Where do I start if I need to learn this?  Soon I am
going to have to
create rather complex documents that will present challenges for layout, and
I think I need to teach myself all there is to know about FO+FTL.

Your guidance is appreciated.

--
James McGill
Phoenix AZ