Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Ufuk Celebi <uc...@apache.org> on 2015/07/31 11:34:34 UTC

Bug fix release 0.9.1

Hey all!

I want to start a discussion about the next 0.9 release. Since 0.9.0 there have been 19 commits addressing 16 issues. Of these 16 issues, two were critical issues regarding the runtime, which require a new release urgently.

What's do you think about this?

---

If we agree about doing a new release, I can act as release manager.

JIRA currently reports 5 open issues with "fix version" set to 0.9.1:

FLINK-2450 IndexOutOfBoundsException in KryoSerializer
FLINK-2442 PojoType fields not supported by field position keys
FLINK-2356 Resource leak in checkpoint coordinator
FLINK-2286 Window ParallelMerge sometimes swallows elements of the last window
FLINK-2236 RowSerializer and CaseClassComparator are not in sync regarding Null-Values

I propose the following to get the release going:

1. Please have a look at these issues [1] and provide comments/fixes where appropriate.

2. Please open new issues (with fixes if you like ;)) and tag them with fix version "0.9.1" if you think that there is something that should get into the release as well.

I propose to do 1. and 2. for the next week. If there is a consensus about the issues after next week, we can get the release process/testing started.

– Ufuk

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20FLINK%20AND%20status%20in%20%28Open%2C%20%22In%20Progress%22%2C%20Reopened%29%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%200.9.1

Re: Bug fix release 0.9.1

Posted by Ufuk Celebi <uc...@apache.org>.
Hey all,

the artifacts are uploading at the moment. I will start a vote thread as
soon as everything is up. :-)

– Ufuk

Re: Bug fix release 0.9.1

Posted by Ufuk Celebi <uc...@apache.org>.