Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by redboy1972 <re...@live.com> on 2015/09/14 23:54:44 UTC

Is it possible to use temporary destinations with MQTT?

I know about clean sessions which resets a connection upon re-connect but in
the mean time leaves state on the server.  This is visible from the admin
console as the subscribed MQTT topic still is present after disconnect.
See: http://localhost:8161/admin/topics.jsp

What I would like is to have the concept of temporary topic behavior whereby
why a client disconnects everything about that session disappears.

Using org.fusesource.mqtt.client.MQTT there doesn't appear to be anything
similar to the behavior "Destination tempDest =
session.createTemporaryTopic();" which is what I'm after.

What I have tried.
Overriding BrokerFilter.addConsumer(...)
      @Override
      public Subscription addConsumer(ConnectionContext context,
ConsumerInfo info) throws Exception {
            ActiveMQDestination dest = info.getDestination();
            ActiveMQDestination temp = dest;
            if( dest.isTopic() && !dest.isTemporary() ) {
                  log.debug("Converting connection's destination to a
temporary topic.");
                  temp = new ActiveMQTempTopic(
info.getDestination().getPhysicalName() );
                  info.setDestination( temp );
            }
            return super.addConsumer( context, info );
      }

In the sender:
        ActiveMQTempTopic dest = new ActiveMQTempTopic( topicName );
        jmsTemplate.convertAndSend(dest, outgoingMsg);

This is the error:
Exception: Cannot publish to a deleted Destination: temp-topic://test;
nested exception is javax.jms.InvalidDestinationException: Cannot publish to
a deleted Destination: temp-topic://test

Next attempt:
Override BrokerFilter.removeConnection(....) and attempt to somehow remove
the connection.

It seems as if I'm drifting all over.  Does anyone have any ideas how to
accomplish MQTT+TempTopics?