Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Proskurin Kirill <k....@fxclub.org> on 2008/04/15 11:55:34 UTC

GUI for administration of SVN

Hello all.

Im searching a fine GUI for FreeBSD or Linux. For administration of SVN
repositories what can do all day by day task`s like creating new repos,
migrations, merge, browse, making new user, auth restriction and other.

Our SVN server runs on svnserve.

What can you advise?

--
Best regards,
Proskurin Kirill

Re: GUI for administration of SVN

Posted by Paul Dhaliwal <su...@gmail.com>.
I have actually tried svnmanager couple of times.  Last time I tried it, it
was missing some php files from the distribution (latest distribution).

First time I tried it, I felt like it didn't have enough control, and I
believe it didn't work fully last time either.

However, something that I feel is more useful than svn manger is

Webmin + Virtualmin + svn plugin.

So basically you will have a apache2 + svn setup, and can do pretty much all
you want except doing group based administration, and managing directory
level permission for a repository.

Also, if you are not using virtualmin or webmin already, this option might
be a stretch for you.

I manage my svn instance by hand. I have about 15 users so its not a big
deal. I am planning to start using virtualmin setup, once I get it to work
the way I would like it to work.

HTH,
Paul

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.