Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/03 14:36:40 UTC

[DISCUSS] Ivy 2.0.0-beta2 announcement

Here is the announcement I plan to post when Ivy 2 beta2 will be available
publicly. Anything to change?

-----------8<-------------
Mar 4 2008 - The Apache Ivy project is please to announce its
2.0.0 beta 2 release, a new step on the road toward 2.0 final.

Ivy is a tool for managing (recording, tracking, resolving and
reporting) project dependencies, characterized by flexibility,
configurability, and tight integration with Apache Ant.

The status of this version is a beta, meaning that we encourage
users to try it out. This version is already providing a good stability and
robustness. API and features are still subject to change though.

Key features of the 2.0.0-beta2 release are
* enhanced Maven2 compatibility, with a fully rewritten pom parser
* improved cache management, including dynamic revision caching
  with fine grain TTL
* namespace aware validation, allowing to use validation with
  extra attributes
* easier settings loading, which do not require an id anymore
* numerous bug fixes as documented in Jira and in the release notes

Issues should be reported to:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY

Download the 2.0.0-beta2 release files at:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/download.cgi

More information can be found on the Ivy website:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/

Regards,
Xavier Hanin (2.0.0-beta2 release mgr)
-----------8<-------------

Xavier
http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/

AW: [DISCUSS] Ivy 2.0.0-beta2 announcement

Posted by Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de.
> Here is the announcement I plan to post when Ivy 2 beta2 will
> be available
> publicly. Anything to change?
>
> -----------8<-------------
> Mar 4 2008 - The Apache Ivy project is please to announce its

typo (pleased): Mar 4 2008 - The Apache Ivy project is pleased to

Re: [DISCUSS] Ivy 2.0.0-beta2 announcement

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 3:37 PM, Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> wrote:

> Xavier Hanin wrote:
> > Here is the announcement I plan to post when Ivy 2 beta2 will be
> available
> > publicly. Anything to change?
> >
> > -----------8<-------------
> > Mar 4 2008 - The Apache Ivy project is please to announce its
> > 2.0.0 beta 2 release, a new step on the road toward 2.0 final.
> >
> > Ivy is a tool for managing (recording, tracking, resolving and
> > reporting) project dependencies, characterized by flexibility,
> > configurability, and tight integration with Apache Ant.
> >
> > The status of this version is a beta, meaning that we encourage
> > users to try it out. This version is already providing a good stability
> and
> > robustness. API and features are still subject to change though.
>
> Change to
>
> ------------
>
> This is a beta release, for wide testing with users. Problems found
> at this phase can be fixed in the final release, so now is a good time to
> download and use it. Although there may be some changes at
> the API level, it is already being in production builds in many large Java
> projects.

Sounds much better, I like it!

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/

Re: [DISCUSS] Ivy 2.0.0-beta2 announcement

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/