Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Віталій Тимчишин <ti...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/15 12:49:08 UTC

Pig testing in maven projects

Hello.

We are starting to use pig for our data analysis.
To be exact, actual work will be performed by amazon elastic map reduce.
That's why we are using 0.9.2 for now.
Everything works more or less OK. I've fixed few things in piggybank
XMLLoader (also made a JIRA ticket & pull request on github), also most
times ILLUSTRATE is confused with my scripts :) (I hope to spend some time
to make isolated tests & create Jiras later).
Now I am going to test my scripts. I've encountered next problems doing
this:
1) There is no pigunit in maven central. There is snapshot one at
https://repository.apache.org and some builds from Cloudera. I think, I
will take one from cloudera.
2) There is no org.apache.pig.test.MiniCluster in any jars, neither
deployed to maven nor build with ant. It seems that I will have to make jar
myself out of build/test/classes. It will contain both infrastructure I
need and all pig tests I don't need.
So, as for me, currently pigunit jar can be found (if one tries hard), but
can't be used.

Am I missing something? Should I create a jira with feature request to have
this somehow handled in future?

--
Best regards,
 Vitalii Tymchyshyn

Re: Pig testing in maven projects

Posted by Dmitriy Ryaboy <dv...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, these should be published to maven.