Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/26 22:13:26 UTC

ZK does not compile on JDK14 due to "java.lang.Record"

Hi,
it looks like ZK cannot be build on JDK14 due to a small source
compatibility issue.
The error is below.

The fix is trivial, we just only have to explicitly import the full
classname of "Record"

Enrico

both interface org.apache.jute.Record in org.apache.jute and class
java.lang.Record in java.lang match
[ERROR] /home/eolivelli/dev/zookeeper/zookeeper-jute/target/generated-sources/java/org/apache/zookeeper/proto/GetMaxChildrenResponse.java:25:
error: reference to Record is ambiguous
[ERROR] public class GetMaxChildrenResponse implements Record {

Re: ZK does not compile on JDK14 due to "java.lang.Record"

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Please check my patch
https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/1308

I would like to add it to 3.6.1 before a release

Enrico

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.