Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2022/06/01 05:07:22 UTC

[DISCUSS] First release candidate for 2.5.0 (RC0) is available for evaluation

This is not a VOTE.

HBase 2.5.0RC0 is ready for testing, other evaluation, and consideration of
compatibility concerns.

The release notes need to be rebased on the latest 2.4.x release, 2.4.12.
Fix
versions on relvant JIRAs must be cleaned up first. This is in progress. I
also plan to try our new audit tool for matching git history and fix
versions.

There are known flaky unit tests and minor issues. You can find them by
searching for the '2.5.1' fix version, or this URL:

  https://s.apache.org/hbase-v2.5.1

The compatibility report, based on 2.4.12, can be found here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.5.0RC0/api_compare_2.4.12_to_2.5.0RC0.html

An initial response to some of the findings can be found on HBASE-27081,
along
with additional discussion. Further discussion is probably necessary.

The tag to be evaluated is 2.5.0RC0:

  https://github.com/apache/hbase/tree/2.5.0RC0

This tag currently points to git reference 2da2dd917 .

The release files, including signatures, digests, as well as CHANGES.md
and RELEASENOTES.md included in this RC can be found at:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.5.0RC0/

Maven artifacts are available in a staging repository at:

  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1486/

Artifacts were signed with the 0xD5365CCD key which can be found in:

  https://downloads.apache.org/hbase/KEYS

The second release candidate, 2.5.0RC1, will be made available for
evaluation
after discussion and any necessary changes and fixes have settled.

Best,

Your 2.5 Release Manager

Re: [DISCUSS] First release candidate for 2.5.0 (RC0) is available for evaluation

Posted by Wellington Chevreuil <we...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Andrew. Had now committed HBASE-27017 into branch-2.5.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Thanks Wellington.

Posted by Wellington Chevreuil <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Huaxiang Sun <hu...@gmail.com>.