Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by "Lach, Thierry" <Th...@bbdodetroit.com> on 2002/12/02 15:29:59 UTC

RE: Info on jdbc task on Oracle

Please note that this does not appear to be a problem specific to
Oracle.  I have seen the same problem with DB2.

Perhaps Turbine could use DatabaseMetaData.storesUpperCaseIdentifiers()
and DatabaseMetaData.storesUpperCaseQuotedIdentifiers() to identify this
situation and convert the search string to uppercase prior to searching
(with an appropriate comment of course).

Posted by Andreou Andreas <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
Lach, Thierry wrote:

>Please note that this does not appear to be a problem specific to
>Oracle.  I have seen the same problem with DB2.
>
>Perhaps Turbine could use DatabaseMetaData.storesUpperCaseIdentifiers()
>and DatabaseMetaData.storesUpperCaseQuotedIdentifiers() to identify this
>situation and convert the search string to uppercase prior to searching
>(with an appropriate comment of course).

If anyone is interesting, i can submit a patch on
org.apache.torque.task.TorqueJDBCTransformTask
that makes use of DatabaseMetaData.storesUpperCaseIdentifiers() and
DatabaseMetaData.storesUpperCaseQuotedIdentifiers()