Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jim Papke <jp...@upstanding.com> on 2001/05/08 02:23:26 UTC

Keeping a table together within a page.

I have tried various methods to ensure that a table with a fixed number of
rows is not broken by a page break. "keep-together" either is not yet
implemented or does not work as far as I can tell.

I used the following technique using "widows" which worked in FOP 0.17 but
no longer works in the latest 0.19 CVS:

<!--keep a table with 10 rows together on a page-->
<fo:block widows="10">
    <fo:table>
    .
    </fo:table>
<fo:block>

Any suggestions or comments?

Thanks,
Jim

Re: Keeping a table together within a page.

Posted by Karen Lease <kl...@club-internet.fr>.
Hello Jim,

Yes, you are right that keep-together isn't yet implemented. You're also
right that widows no longer works on tables. After some discussion, we
decided to remove this, since it doesn't seem to be conformant to the
XSL CR, and also in some cases caused infinite loops. Sorry to have
removed something that worked for you, but we are trying to respect the
"law".

Have you tried putting keep-with-next or keep-with-previous on all of
the rows (or on as many as you want kept together)? Those properties are
implemented for table rows.

Hope that helps,
Karen Lease