Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steve Brunton <br...@dweeb.turner.com> on 2001/11/13 19:50:39 UTC

Re: REPOST: NEED HELP URGENT:: internet explorer nullifies session on open new window

Geoff Howard wrote:

> We have recently discovered a (P3P?) default in IE 6 that affects accepting
> cookies across domains.  For example, we had a frameset in foo.com that had
> one frame in foomail.com that was setting a cookie in its own domain, but
> was refused by IE6's default presumably because the frameset was in a
> different domain.  We were able to change this behavior by editing the
> preferences mentioned below which were found at Tools>Internet
> Options>Privacy(New tab in IE6)>Edit and then adding foomail.com in the list
> of accepted cookies domains (which was empty).

  That or you can actually have your third party domain (even if it's
your domain the browser is thinking that it is a third party domain
since it's not the domain the user actually requested) set a valid P3P
header in HTTP response that it sends back. Since you won't be able to
get every user on the net to edit their IE6 preferences. Is this really
still a Tomcat-User list email discussion though?

--
Steve Brunton   <br...@dweeb.turner.com>  Phone: 404-827-2756
Chief Engineer Enterprise Systems    One CNN Center, Atlanta GA