Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Rittenhouse, Dan" <Da...@neustar.biz> on 2013/10/14 19:35:51 UTC

Timeouts for http requests

Can someone point me to any secondary documentation on setting default timeouts for the entire transaction not just the connections.  I check the manual but when I do as they suggest which is to set a "Timeout" parameter in HTTP Requests Defaults, it doesn't work as I would expect.  If I set for under a second like 500ms, it time-out right away doesn't even wait a half a second.  If I set it to over a second, 1000ms, it waits for well over a second before timing out.

Any help would be appreciated,

Dan

Re: Timeouts for http requests

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 17 October 2013 21:24, Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>Won't make any difference.
> Not sure I get you - if you make the change in
> jmeter_home/bin/httpclient.parameters to modify the timeout values , they
> apply to all requests made using http client right ?  Are those values
> ignored?

I thought you were referring to the request to add a transaction timeout.

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.